The xx Live in Manila!!!


Rejoice indie and true hipster kids!! 

UK indie rock band the xx will be playing in Manila this July 30. The xx is presently composed of Romy Madley Croft, Oliver Sim, and Jamie Smith. 

I am so hyped up that they will be performing here in Manila. I didn't expect that someone will be bringing them here on the height of their careers or that they considered playing here because they performed two years ago in Singapore. So there is a public clamor or just great brave souls bringing them here.

I am a big fan of the band. I discovered their music on a one lazy afternoon watching indie band music videos at Channel V Asia around August - September 2009. It was the music video of 'Basic Space.' I was intrigued by the electronica minimalist approach of the song with a 'Tracey Thorn' (Everything But the Girl) and 'Joao Gilberto' (Bossa nova singer) vocals. Few months after, I saw the 'VCR' video, I was completely sold! Then I got hold of their first album. Kaboom! I was instantly hooked. The first song of their debut album 'Intro' sent shivers down to my spines. Their album spent almost 2 years on my music player and was on heavy airplay. Their live concert performance podcast for NPR.com is a favorite. The 'Sampha' remix of 'Basic Space' was the best remixed song on that year. They already released a second album 'Coexist' last year and still gathering massive success on their musical careers. 

Now all of their songs are on repeat and heavy rotation on my music player. 



The xx Live in Manila July 30, 2013 at the NBC Tent. 7pm. Buy your tickets now @ www.ticketworld .com.ph or call 891 9999. Gold: P5880 Silver: P3960 Presented by Random Minds Productions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NU 107 IS DEAD!!!

Concert Recall: Lotus Eaters Live in Manila

Deftones - To Have and to Hold