The Pains of Being Pure at Heart Live in Manila!!!



So it is the leap day of the year and Manila is very lucky to have one of New York's best indie bands:
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart!

The band was formed in the year 2007 and is composed of the following current line-up:
Kip Berman – vocals and guitar
Peggy Wang – keyboards and vocals
Alex Naidus – bass
Kurt Feldman – drums

I was able to listen to the band since 2008 when I discovered their music along side Filipino shoe gaze band: Moscow Olympics! I was checking up and coming bands around that time and discovered their lush/ Jesus and Mary Chain type of music. I encountered a blog that the band mentioned that they were able to find good music from other parts of the globe like Moscow Olympics from the Philippines. I was amazed and the same time was honored by them recognizing our local act.

I was lucky to get their first self titled album from one of the CD sales in town last year. Their songs "Come Saturday" and "A Teenager in Love" are still lingering in my head. The boy and girl singing was really infectious!





I am still waiting for the local release of their "Smashing Pumpkin inspired" sophomore effort: "Belong", but I might get one from the concert venue itself. The band brought along Connor Hanwick of the Drums in which I am excited on what he will contribute to the set later.

After bringing Radio Dept and Toro Y Moi in our native shore for the last few months (weeks), Kindassault, Raven 7 and No Seat Affair are making some indie music-loving boys and girls' dreams come true by having The Pains here in Manila and I am for sure that it will be a pure indie-music pleasure struck straight to your heart!

Details of the concert:

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart Live in Manila!!!

Feb 29, 2012
Hard Rock Cafe
Glorietta 3, Ayala Center, Makati City
Tickets:
P1300 w/ drink – when you buy a Toro y Moi ticket*
P1500 w/ drink – presale until Feb 26
P1800 w/ drink – standard price Feb 27 – 29

Front act: The Camerawalls and Bee Eyes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NU 107 IS DEAD!!!

Concert Recall: Lotus Eaters Live in Manila

Deftones - To Have and to Hold