"Jennifer's Body" Movie Review



Posted last 
Nov 18, '09 6:30 PM






Jennifer's Body Movie review: This would be my 1st movie review after conceptualizing such review since Batman Returns and the 3rd Megan Fox movie I watched in the big screen as far as I can remember..

Now on the review:

Nice plot. Two best friend's relationship was torn when an indie band kidnapped Jennifer (Fox) and sacrificed 
her to the Devil to become f*cking famous...(so f*cking rock n roll urban legend)..Her friend "Needy" took most of the beating after that (So watch the movie to find out).

The movie got a lot of witty, cheap witch craft spells and sarcastic lines (e.g. dissing Hannah Montana and Maroon 5) and I laughed a couple of times.

Music credits Ryan Levine and the movie's main song: "Through the Trees" is written by him. I dunno if he is related to Adam Levine of the Maroon 5 fame. "Through the Trees" is as annoying as the "Amadeus" song from "Adventure land" movie. I was surprised that Hole's Violet was played in the movie (I checked that the movie title was derived from a song title from Hole's "Live Through This" album. What also surprised me is that it was written by Diablo Cody of "Juno" fame after seeing it on the end credits.

Questions going round and round in my head after seeing the movie:

1) I do not remember the actors and actresses mentioning the movie title or did I? (some guilty pleasure of waiting...)

2) Why did Jennifer lost her Devil powers after Needy got rid of their BFF (Best Friends Forever) necklace from her on their cat fight? I can't remember Jennifer wearing hers before eating them boys.

3) Why did Needy didn't think of an antidote or reverse curse for Jennifer after researching it thoroughly in their Library? (hehehe)

***watched the movie @ Greenbelt 3.
There were cuts or deleted scenes:
a) the lake scene after Jennifer went out from the river and;
b) the girl to girl action part (Jennifer and Needy).

All in all, I never expected that it would be a good movie and one of those movies wanting to be a cult favorite...

Rating: ******** 8 out of10 asterisks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NU 107 IS DEAD!!!

Concert Recall: Lotus Eaters Live in Manila

I Eat, Live and Breathe the Music of Deftones!